To be able to identify, store and handle chemicals in the workplace.
To understand and comply with chemical handling regulations and procedures.
On the completion of this activity, participants will be able to demonstrate a competence in the
theory and practice of the following:
- Interpret and use data available on plant chemicals.
- Identify chemical hazards, controls and recovery procedures.
- Understanding of storage requirements including methods, containers, and segregation.
- PPE available for use when handling, storing and transporting chemicals.
- Acquire understanding of chemical handling regulations and procedures including transportation, spill contingency, decontamination, and disposal.
This course is recommended for all employees involved with chemical handling.
There are no pre requisites to attend this course.
The course is conducted 1 day.
METHOD OF TRAINING
This course is structured approximately 50 percent theory and 50 percent group exercises supported by workbook assessment and reference. Where appropriate client’s specific procedures and forms will be used.