The aims & objectives of this course is to provide personnel, who have little or no experience of the Banksman & Slinger role, with the basic knowledge of activities associated with the combined roles, & the safety & regulatory requirements of those activities.
Who should attend:
This A Banksman & Slinger is responsible for ensuring safety in crane, banksman & slinger operations. OPITO accredited Banksman & Slinger training will enable you to undertake the role and preserve the safety of all crew members. This course is designed for all personnel who are interested in carrying out Banksman & Slinger operations.
- Course duration: 03 days. Include 01 day in theory and 02 days in practice and
- Course content: Upon completing the course the student should be able to:
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO LIFTING OPERATIONS
- Element 1.1 Regulations and safety issues
- Element 1.2 Introduction To Lifting Roles & Equipment
- Element 1.3 Prepare For The Lift
- Element 1.4 Carry Out The Lift
- Element 1.5 Restoring The Work Area
MODULE 2: THE BANKSMAN’S ROLE
- Element 2.1 Banksman duties
- Element 2.2 Communications and visibility
MODULE 3: SLINGING OPERATIONS
- Element 3.1 Principles of slinging
MODULE 4: PRACTICAL EXERCISES
- Element 4.1 The role of the Banksman & Slingers in a planned lift
Following successful completion of the Banksman & Slinger Training the delegate can proceed to the workplace to work under direct supervision of a competent person.
- Number of candidates: 3 – 12 candidates/
- At least 18 years of age
- Must be physically and mentally fit for the training with no handicap
- Instructor: From PVD Training. The instructors have many working experiences in onshore and offshore Oil & Gas field and had been approved by OPITO
- Certificate: Issued by PVD Training. 02 years
Use the “Book” button below to go to our booking form to book the course. In case of questions, you can contact us for information.