To provide participants with the necessary understanding and skills to safely enter and manage confined space entry in a hazardous environment.
On completion, participants will be able to demonstrate competence in the theory and practice of the following:
- Define a confined space
- Identify hazards and risks in a confined space
- Understand confined space entry permits system
- Undertake rescue of persons from a confined space
- Understand the duties of the Safety Sentry
- Maintain records and logs of entry
- Understand tagout and lockout procedures
- Gas testing and the use of BA
Participants are required to pass an assessment of practical skills and a written or verbal examination of theory.
Participants must be medically cleared prior to attending this course
This course is conducted over two (2) days.
METHOD OF TRAINING
Classroom theory instruction, and practical training sessions.