COURSE AIMTo identify and understand the necessity for safe, timely and efficient helicopter operations. This course is based on the OPITO (Offshore Petroleum Industry Training Organization) standards.
- By the end of the 8 hour course, participants will be familiar with the following:
- Introduction and General Description of Helicopters Helideck Specifications
- Duties and Responsibilities Helideck Operations
- Communications and Hand Signals
- Passengers, Cargo and Dangerous Goods Refuelling Operations
- Emergency Procedures and Helideck Fire fighting Search and Rescue
Participants are required to pass an assessment of practical skills and a written or verbal examination of theory.
This course is conducted over one day
METHOD OF TRAINING
The course is conducted at a venue suitable for the theory and practical instruction of all participants and will include the provision of catering, visual teaching aids and writing materials.