This target group is personnel that are issued with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) whilst travelling to work by helicopter and may required to use a CA-EBS in the event of an emergency.
The objectives of the training are to ensure that the delegate gains the required knowledge and understanding of the particular hazards and properties of a Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) and appropriate practical emergency response actions to take should the requirement for emergency deployment arise.
ASSESSMENT & CERTIFICATION
- Delegates will be assessed against the learning outcomes using direct observation and written questions as appropriate.
During the training programme, delegates will be required to demonstrate their skills and understanding of the following key areas.
To successfully complete this training delegates must able to explain and demonstrate:
- The fundamental differences between re-breather and compressed air systems (technology and use)
- The rationale and use of compressed air emergency breathing systems in helicopter emergency situations
- The hazards associated with compressed air emergency breathing systems
- A pre-flight inspection of the life jacket and CA-EBS
- Donning the life jacket with CA-EBS correctly, including ‘buddy check’
- An emergency deployment of the CA-EBS in a dry environment
Delegates must possess a valid BOSIET/FOET/HUET or T-BOSIET/T-FOET/T-HUET certificate prior to attending the OPITO Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) Initial Deployment Training programme.
COURSE DURATION : 1,5 hours.
METHOD OF TRAINING
- Utilising training centre classrooms and relevant equipment.
MEDICAL CLEARANCE REQUIRED:
Training and/or assessment activities contained within this Standard may include physically demanding and potentially stressful elements. All personnel who participate in such activities must be physically and mentally capable of participating fully. Prior to participating in practical exercises the delegate either:
- Process valid, current offshore medical certificate or
- Possess an operator approved medical certificate, or
- Undergoes medical screening by completing an appropriate medical screening form provided by PVD Training
There is no expiry date for the OPITO approved CA-EBS Initial deployment Training certificate.
Use the “Book” button below to go to our booking form to book the course. In case of questions, you can contact us for information.